Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6th - Discussion and planning (Entry #3)

Today, I met up with my cousin (who is the chair and organiser of the Terry Fox run), and we brainstormed briefly all the possible tasks of what I need to complete for this project. Below is all of the ideas we have for things I will have to complete.

I am the CDNIS representative of this event, this is an extremely important role as this run originated from Canada, and we are a Canadian school, it is key for our school to know about this event and possibly donate/participate in this event. I will be the one passing the information back and forth, for example: I will receive some information during the committee meeting, and I will have to contact the appropriate people in the school such as Mr. Lovegrove and Mr. Hughes (they have been previously contacted about this even and they both agreed to help out). I also decided to join the Marketing and Public Relations team, there are many aspects to being part of this committee.

I emailed the marketing and PR committee head about my idea of creating a handbook about the run for schools that can be put on the website as well as for our school to look at (as I'm a student, I would know which content would be appropriate or not), this is just one of the tasks I will be doing as part of the committee. Some other tasks:

  • Designing posters for our school (which has to get approved by the administrative team before putting them up at school)
  • Designing the overall poster for this event (eg. to be digitally posted on social media)
  • Designing the t-shirt for this event
  • Cost, time to produce the t-shirts and the quantity 
  • Raising awareness about this event at our school by hosting events such as a bake sale
  • Get as many participants from our school as possible to
    • Give a pledge/donate money
    • Volunteer for event
    • Participate in event (marathon runner)


0 comments:

Post a Comment