Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4th - Meeting with the TFR committee (Entry #2)


I attended my first meeting with the Terry Fox Run committee (there were about 20 or so people there). The meeting was held in the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (also known as the CanCham), which is located in Central.



As this was my first ever meeting I attended, I was a little afraid since there were representatives from big Canadian universities such as UBC, SFU and UofT. During the meeting, a lot of aspects were discussed, here is the basic agenda:



Through this meeting, I understood the basics of this marathon, and understood how big of an event this is, with so much planning and so much work is needed to be thought through before it. With so many different committees, I got an idea of what each committee is in charge of, and I thought the Marketing and PR committee interested me the most. I have a lot of "research" to do after this meeting, such as reading the documents that are provided in a Google Drive, but, this topic really interests me therefore the reading is barely anything. Meetings will be held on the first Thursday every month and I hope I can make it to all of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment