Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2nd - First meeting with supervisor (Entry #1)


Today, I met with my personal project supervisor for the year - Ms. Nobert for the first time! I met her along with another grade 9 student (Nicole Hon) and we discussed many aspects of our upcoming personal project. Firstly, we introduced ourselves and what our plan is for this personal project, at the time, I was still not too sure about what I was going to do - I was either going to design and create jeans or join the committee, attend meetings, volunteer and participate in the Terry Fox marathon in Hong Kong. The 3 of us brainstormed and gave me a brilliant idea, which is to design and create merchandise such as t-shirts, wristbands and posters for the Terry Fox run. Secondly, we discussed the form of our process journal, to do it by hand or digitally. Nicole and I both decided to record our process of this project digitally through a blog, even though an actually journal on paper would be more creative and visually appealing, we figured that it would take too much time and would be a pain to scan all of the pages. Finally, we discussed the global context of this project, and we decided that the global context is Fairness and Development regarding my personal project. I am really excited to begin on this project soon.

Here, I am communicating with my supervisor via email.

I created a mind map of all the possible ideas for my upcoming personal project, including its global context so I am able to understand each topic more through a visual.


0 comments:

Post a Comment