Saturday, October 4, 2014

Source of Inspiration #4 (Entry #24)


Looking at the screenshot of a magazine I took above, I realized that they used a specific colour scheme for the whole thing. I really like how they incorporated different shades of the same colour just like they did in the chart. This is a good way to change up the variety of colours however not making it too messy to read. I will definitely consider this in my report since I will include bar graphs. I especially like how the layout is fairly simple with the most important numbers and data standing out. For example on the graph, only the most important numbers stand out (the price), they didn't include an x and y axis with numbers that will definitely make the whole page seem extremely messy and unorganised. I love the use of font in this design, each different font has a different purpose to it. The font with big capital letters is used for the titles and the important information, the slightly fancier font is only used once in however, it matches the overall theme and finally there is the smaller text which is used for descriptions and captions. Contrast is really evident in this design as they incorporated the use of bright colours, and for the "special design" (the part with circles), blue and orange (also the 2 main colours of the overall clover scheme) are complimentary colours.



0 comments:

Post a Comment