Saturday, October 4, 2014

Design Research #2 - Design Layouts (Entry #19)


Why is this source necessary?

This source is necessary because it informs me on how to create a nicely designed magazine (this is the best source that I found that relates to what I'm creating, a magazine and a professional report kind of look alike). This website provided some tips of what to do and what not to include in a design of a professional looking report/magazine. They put on all sorts of information relating to fonts, cover photos, the layout and colours, giving a short description each referring to the the point.

How has it impacted your ideas for the creation of your professional report?

This definitely impacted my ideas for the creation of my professional report since one of the most important parts is the design and layout of the whole ting. In order for the report to look good, the layout has to be really visually appealing and organised to the audience. The website gave me a lot of information, tips and tricks about how to design a good and professional magazine/report. The website impacted my ideas by teaching me the basics of creating a good product.

What have you learned that you didn’t know already from this source?

I learnt that it might be really difficult to layout the report and make it look visually appealing and professional at first. I really liked the tips the website gave me, for example, it said not to use clip art, and thinking back to all the professional magazines I read, I hardly saw any clip arts in it as it makes the overall product look unprofessional and playful. Along with that, I learnt that leaving white space in the product may be better than filling up the space with words at times. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment