Saturday, October 4, 2014

Design Research #1 - Color Schemes (Entry #18)


Why is this source necessary?

I explored the website and it let me try out, experiment and create colour schemes, and each set contains 5 colours. I think this source is extremely important since after choosing 5 colours, it can be directly exported and used in applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign, which for this design cycle, I will be using the two applications to create my final product. After creating the 5-colour colour scheme, it can be saved in your account, I am planning to create multiple different colour schemes and choose the best one at the end after creating them.

How has it impacted your ideas for the creation of your professional report?


The Adobe Kuler definitely impacted my ideas for the creation of my professional report, choosing the right colour scheme is one of the most important aspects of the professional report. This online program can help me decide and match the colours I'm going to consistently use for my report. Along with that, there are colour schemes other people have created and they want to share it - this is what the "explore" button on the top is. There are different themes that I can choose from, for example: If I search happy in the search bar, lots of "happy" colour schemes will show up and there, I can choose to use it, or just take a look at it.


What have you learned that you didn’t know already from this source?


I learnt that through this source, a lot of different colour combinations can be found. We can also edit someone else's colour schemes if there is a particular colour that doesn't match. The coolest discovery I made about this source is that there is an iPhone app to this as well, with a lot more functions - the one I like the most is that an image can be uploaded to the app, then Kuler will automatic generate a colour scheme based on the image's colours. I learnt that colour schemes are extremely easy to find and easy to generate by myself as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment