Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8th - Brainstorming methods for organising research (Entry #12)

The first step I wrote on my previous entry is to find a method to organise and gather all my research, I am going to brainstorm some possible methods and their pros and cons:

1. Microsoft Word

  • Pros
    • Everything can be found in one single document
    • Color coding system
    • Date and time automatically recorded
  • Cons
    • Only viewable on computer
    • Not friendly to inserting images
    • Forget to save, it's gone forever
2. Evernote + Blog


  • Pros
    • Syncs to many devices (eg. Phone)
    • Can be retrieved if computer crashes (since it's online)
    • Can be organised into folders, each note is separated by number labelling 
    • Date and time automatically recorded
    • Websites can be saved to notes through the Evernote clipper extension 
    • Can be viewed by anyone with the link
  • Cons
    • Less functions compared to Microsoft Word (eg. fonts, colors etc)

Final choice: Evernote + Blog - Since it is a lot easier to organise, and also much more accessible through different devices. I will also be uploading each note to my Blogger (this website) so that my process can be seen on both platforms. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment